Welcome Community

Hello and welcome to the goodBETA community forum!

Here, we hope to provide a space for climbers of all experience and ability levels to connect, share information, ask questions and create a strong community banded together by a love for the outdoors and the preservation of the environment. 

Please see our Community Guidelines below to ensure you understand the rules of engagement, and report any unacceptable behaviour to the moderators at info@goodbeta.co.za

Strubensvalley car …

Notifications
Clear all

Strubensvalley car guard

MakoShark
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I just want to find out if the guy that looks after the cars at Strubens is someone affiliated with MCSA or is he just taking a chance and collecting fees? 

He asks for R25 a car and is pushy about paying, I dont mind paying a dude to look after a car but I shouldnt be “forced” into it I think

MCSA JHB

Hi Mako, the car guard at Strubens was placed there by a previous MCSA committee pre the pandemic and has returned recently on his own accord, possibly due to the current economic climate. The MCSA are beginning to open discussions with him currently to set up a new partnership to prevent issues such as this from happening.

We are negotiating with the local neighbourhood security that he is issued a panic button so they can assist him should there be any trouble in the parking area. We also believe having a presence there, such as the car guard will deter any opportunists as well. The original appointment was following a spree of car thefts and gear thefts in the car park.

Thank you for your feedback and insight, this is what we need to stay on top of these issues and make it an enjoyable experience for all.

ReplyQuote
MakoShark
Topic starter  

Great thanks for the detailed response!

I agree its good to have a security presence there and will support this, can you maybe let us know the outcome of the discussions when they are concluded? Will these discussions also state a standard payment that climbers need to pay so theres no misunderstandings?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: